- Recommended only for Fitzpatrick skin types I-V. Spaced 3 weeks apart.
- Previous negative reaction to similar treatments.
- Allergic to aspirin, salicylic acid, onion, and/or apple extract.
- Use of prescription Accutane within the past 6-12 months.
- Use of Retin-A or similar product within last 2 weeks.
- Use of self-tanning products within last 7 days on treatment on treatment site.
- Use of hair removal methods such as laser, waxing, or depilatories within the last 48 hours. Use of non-electric razor on day of peel.
Plastic surgery within the last 4 months.
- Open wounds, cuts, abrasions, or impetigo.
- Active shingles (herpes zoster) or active herpes simplex outbreak, including cold sores.
- Pregnant or may be pregnant; lactating (breastfeeding)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder or unrealistic expectations.
- Inability to follow post-treatment recommendations, including sunscreen use.
- Patch test required at least 48 hours prior to peel if not currently using an Epionce lytic product.
- For best results: Two weeks before the peel, use Epionce cleanser/Lytic/Renewal product appropriate for your skin type (to be determined by the Aesthetician).
- Continue taking all prescribed medications unless otherwise directed.
- Keep skin hydrated with recommended Epionce Product (see Recommended Epionce Program below)
- Let your skin exfoliate naturally. DO NOT pick or peel the affected area, or scarring may occur
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and avoid excess heat, hot rooms, and hot water temperature. Use sunscreen as directed.
- Avoid the use of Retin-A (or similar product) for 48 hours following the procedure, unless otherwise recommended.
- You may use an Epionce Lytic Lotion or MelanoLyte Tx product 24 hours following the procedure if signs of irritation are not present.
- Do not use laser or similar methods of hair removal (wax/depilatories) 48 hours following the procedure.
- If no signs of irritation are present, you may shave the treated area 24 hours post-procedure.
What you can expect:
- You may experience a variable amount of stinging and tightness, but these symptoms will subside within 24-48 hours after the procedure.
- A mild headache (rarely)
- Mild swelling of the treated area (rarely)
Contact your physician or skincare professional if you experience:
- Excessive and/or increasing redness, burning, irritation, extreme tenderness, and/or “crusting” of the skin
- Nausea, dizziness, disorientation, fever, and/or extreme headache
Epionce Skin Care Regimen: (For 1-3 days after the procedure, the following is recommended)
- Cleanse with Milky Lotion Cleanser – 1-4 pearl size amounts – AM & PM
- Enriched Firming Mask – thin layer as needed for moisture and comfort – PM
- Medical Barrier Cream – 1-4 pearl size amounts – AM & PM
- SPF – 1-4 pearl size amounts daily AM
1850 S. Stewart Ave (417) 477-7777