Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skincare. It is our goal to work with you to achieve the best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your laser hair reduction treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your consultant.
If any questionable or suspicious lesions are noticed during your consultation, it will be recommended that you seek medical attention from your family physician or dermatologist.
Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the laser procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn will be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Please do not shave the area to be treated for at least 24-48 hours prior to treatment, long enough for “stubble” to be visible. We need to be able to see some hair growth from the follicle to perform an effective treatment.
- Do not tweeze or wax the area to be treated at least 2 weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not tweeze or wax throughout the duration of your laser hair removal procedures.
- Tweezing or waxing stimulates the root to rejuvenate and re-growth to take place and removes the target for the lasers.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of your treatment and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
- Please be advised that you may expect a certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after the laser treatment. If any discomfort and/or irritation persists, please notify the clinic @ 417-447-7777
Post Treatment Instructions:
- A majority of clients require 5 treatments—depending on the size of the area being treated and the amount and type of hair being removed. All hairs are not in the same growth phase; only the hairs in the anagen growth phase will allow the hair follicle to be destroyed.
- Please note that the hair will not fall out immediately, but will likely do so within 10 to 14 days from the last treatment.
- For any redness or inflammation, you may apply hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day. A cool compress can be used to soothe the skin on the evening of the treatment.
- Please wait at least 2 days to shave the treated area after treatment.
- For any open sores or scabbing, an antibiotic ointment such as polysporin can be applied 3-4 times per day.
- Each client is unique and individual; therefore, the actual time your hair grows varies from one person to the next. It is recommended that the next scheduled treatment should be set 3 to 6 weeks apart. Your nurse will advise you on your individual treatment schedule.
1850 S. Stewart, Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777 1/13