Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your Juliet Aesthetic or CORE treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your consultant or call the clinic at 417-447-7777
Pre Treatment Instructions
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to your procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, superficial metal or other implants in treatment area, history of bleeding coagulopathies or use of anticoagulants, recent facial peels or surgery, and all current medications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such as Accutane, tetracycline, antibiotics, or use of Retin-A.
- HYDRATE-we recommend that for 7 days pre-treatment you moisturize skin in the morning and evening, AND drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to completely hydrate your skin and optimize treatment results. Avoid caffeine 24-48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not sunbathe, use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths for two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A, OBAGI, or any face cream supplement that contains Hydroquinone for one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin or fish oil for 5 days prior to scheduled procedure.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area and make the treatment more comfortable.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Please be advised that you may expect a degree of discomfort, redness, pin prick bleeding, crusting, swelling and/or irritation during and after treatment for 3-7 days. If any discomfort or irritation persists, please notify the clinic at (417)-447-7777 or call your physician.
- The crusting should not be touched or scratched even if it itches, and should be allowed to shed off naturally. Keeping your skin covered with Medical Barrier Cream (MBC) or Renewal Calming Cream until this crusting sheds, will aid in skin healing. Epionce’s Post Treatment Kit contains the MBC as well as Priming Oil and Enriched Firming mask and is very soothing. After the crusting has shed off, you can switch to using your normal moisturizer and resume using makeup if desired.
- During the first 1-5 days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot-tubs, hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, shaving, waxing, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. You may apply a cold compress to the irritated area for 1-3 days in approximately 15 minute sessions 3-4 times per day. In addition, you can use a diluted white vinegar/saline solution of 1-2 caps of white vinegar to 16 oz of saline solution (contact solution) applied to the face with a clean washcloth or gauze as a cold compress. Follow the cold compress with reapplying your Medical Barrier Cream.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after your treatment, as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun after your treatment and exposure could result in hyperpigmentation.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.